This is the level of conversation between two American Presidential candidates. Someone truly said, that the rest of the world is not looking at this as the Presidential Election but as an IQ test and they’re not doing well.
Terror attacks in Brussels, Paris, Beirut had everything to do with religion. Religion is the best tool available to mankind to brainwash men and women into extremist acts. Those who say that “Terrorism has no religion” are:
- Politicians who have a votebank to worry about or are worried about a backlash from other sections of the society.
- Religious heads whose business of religion is threatened.
- Common men and women who if they accept that religion is one of the causative factors of terror attacks would have to come to terms with a life in which religion is no longer sacrosanct.
However, those who are trying to pin all the blame on religion while ignoring all the geo-politics which has led to this situation are equally motivated or naive. The war on fictional weapons of mass destruction started by George Bush left over 500,000 Iraqis dead. To look for one Osama Bin Laden, close to 360,000 Afghanis died, some killed due to the war, and other deaths indirectly related to the war.
ISIS which stands for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant is a direct creation of this war. When you’ve destroyed an entire country to save 50 cents on a gallon of gasoline, do not expect them to be reasonable in their response. And yet, one still needs a tool to make even the spurned go and kill the innocent, which is religion.
P.S. Many Indians refuse see a different religion being used to brainwash a different set of people again for political reasons leading to acts of extremism. Riots leave equal number of innocent people dead, but leave far more number of people homeless, financially devastated. These acts of extremism might seem infantile at this point of time as compared to those of ISIS, but there’s a concerted effort by those who rule us that the religious brainwashing continues with the command centre in Nagpur.
When Modiji was campaigning to become a PM, he made loud promises of increasing minimum support price (MSP) for farmers. Modiji promised that NDA govt will rework MSP formula to include production cost plus 50% profit as per recommendations of the Swaminathan commission. However, this promise like many other promises thrown at the people of India by the current Prime Minister turned out to be a big fat lie aka Jumla.
So, while more farmers are committing suicide than ever before, to the point that 3228 farmer suicides in Maharashtra are the highest ever in a single year in the last 14 years, Modiji is currently boasting on his Twitter account about having launched a mobile app called “Kisan Suvidha App”.
Modiji, technology is an enabler for sure, but it cannot be prioritized over other basic necessities for the farmers. Imagine if you’d promised mobile apps in your election speeches instead of increased MSP, one can state with much certainty that you wouldn’t have been the PM today. The farmer in Chattisgarh who is feeding his kids roti made out of grass has no use of your mobile app. The farmer who is deciding whether to die by consuming pesticides or by hanging himself has no use of your app. And those are the lakhs of farmers who should be your priority.
Had you prioritized the farmers in deep crisis, people would actually be appreciative of you launching mobile apps to reach technology to the farthest corners of India, but unfortunately you have miserably failed at attending to those who are the most needy.
Urdu book writers are being asked to sign the following form annually by Modi Govt:
“I son/daughter of confirm that my book/magazine titled which has been approved for bulk purchase by NCPUL’s monetary assistance scheme does not contain anything against the policies of the government of India or the interest of the nation, does not cause disharmony of any sort between different classes of the country, and is not monetarily supported by any government or non-government institution.”
The alarming bit in there is “does not contain anything against the policies of the government or the interest of the nation”.
A Government that came into power by non-stop criticism of the policies of the then ruling Govt are now scared of criticism. They don’t want people to criticise their policies. This is in line with arguments like JNU runs on tax money and hence can’t criticize the Government, can’t do politics against the Government. This is what is called as ‘Undeclared Emergency’.
Gotta say, JNUites have added the ‘swag’ factor to sloganeering. They are not the dull boring slogans that the left has been churning out for so long. Their unique style of sloganeering can captivate the youth. So much energy. So much passion.
When journalists can critique the whole world, why can’t they critique themselves? And even when they do so, why do they do so in hushed tones? For past several months, Zee News has been running a very dangerous campaign on behest of BJP. Not that Times Now etc haven’t done it, but Zee News via their editor Sudhir Chaudhary has crossed all limits. Now they are targeting individuals and giving out certificates of ‘anti-nationalism’ after having not only distributed morphed videos but also becoming a part of police investigation based on these morphed videos.
Recently, Rajdeep Sardesai tweeted:
I like Organiser and Panchjanya: they have full disclosure. Now, we have their equivalents in TV with no disclosure!😀
— Rajdeep Sardesai (@sardesairajdeep) March 7, 2016
He was obviously referring to Zee News, yet won’t take the name.
Certain online publications like Scroll, Catch News and Wire have written against Zee News, but none of the mainstream media organizations have done any substantive critiquing in this respect, especially absolutely zilch from their counterparts in electronic media. So, the question is, what is the so called ‘laxman rekha’ that Zee News needs to cross before the rival channels act?
- We pay tax.
- Out of that tax, Govt gives SriSri 2.25 crores grant for a PRIVATE event.
- Govt also gets army to make bridges for SriSri.
- SriSri event estimated to cost 120 crores of environmental damage purely in financial terms by National Green Tribunal (NGT), much more in actual terms.
- NGT after much deliberation decides on a 5 crore fine.
- Kejriwal tweets no more politics on this issue, Modi confirms his participation.
- SriSri goes to every channel and says will go to jail but won’t pay fine.
- Before NGT, Art of Living (AOL) says that 5 crores is a huge amount, can pay only 25 lakhs now.
- Art of Living incidentally is organizing an event with 35 lakh guests. And they have an operating capital of only 25 lakhs.
- NGT says, if you don’t pay 25 lakhs today, will attach the Govt Grant of 2.25 crores.
– Now the grant is not SriSri’s money but our Tax Money. So if SriSri doesn’t cough up the 25 lakhs today, what would the Govt attach? The Tax Money. (Bhakts: What about JNU)
– So, for an environmental damage estimated at 120 crores, SriSri might pay 25 lakhs (not sure yet). Who knows whether the rest of the 4.75 crores is coming or not?
- And while all this playing out, the so called people elected to uphold our constitution, namely Kejriwal and Modi are not uttering a word.
- What a Shame.
- Modiji gets Army to make bridges for SriSri
- Modiji gives CISF security to Ramdev, making him the 8th private sector establishment ever to get CISF security
- Anupam Kher does a tolerance march, is instantly given a Padma Bhushan award
- Swapan Das Gupta, who made Modi his hero every since 2002 happened and wrote 100s of articles telling the world how great he is, gets a Padma Bhushan award. Swapan Dasgupta is also made a Director at Larsen & Toubro Limited
- Rajat Sharma’s India TV who alternates between reporting aliens/UFOs and doing Modi Bhakti gets a Padma Award
- Madhur Bhandarkar does a tolerance march, gets a Padma award.
This is a Government which keeps giving and giving and you dare ask where are ‘Achche Din’?